- Training: 8 new volunteers were trained, MLML.
- Training: 5 new volunteers were trained, MLML
- News: KION “Local Beach COMBERS survey Central Coast beaches: June’s survey the first since Santa Barbara Oil Spill”
- South Chapter instated: 13 new beaches between Morro Bay and Los Angeles designated for monthly surveys
- News: Santa Cruz Sentinel
- Radio: KUSP 88.9
- Award: MBNMS volunteer of the year award – Sharon McGuire & Chris Miller
- Award: Certificate of Congressional Recognition, Senator Sam Farr – Sharon McGuire & Chris Miller.
- Training: Bird identification in the field, Team Ocean, May 10, 2008
- News: Monterey Herald 2007
- Training: 22 new volunteers were trained, MLML
- Training: Team Ocean, MBNMS, May 2007
- Volunteer appreciation: Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments and Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary, Reflection awards, Monterey Marriott, March 3, 2006. Volunteers of the year: Glen Seiler & Pamela Kearby.
- Training: “Life Beneath the Surface” presentation of sanctuary research, H. Nevins August 16, 2006.
- Training: Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
- Training: Team Ocean, MBNMS
- Award: MBNMS volunteer of the year award – Glenn Seiler & Pam Kearby, March 3, 2005
- Training: Volunteer refresher course, Moss Landing Marine Laboratories, June 4-5, 2005
- Outreach/Education: Migration Festival, Seacliff State Park, February 12, 2005, Aptos, CA
- Award: NOAA Environmental Hero, April 2004
- Award: Certificate of Congressional Recognition, Senator Sam Farr, April 25, 2004
- Meeting: Beach Survey Program (BeachCOMBERS) and oil spill response (OSPR): data sharing and communication, Moss Landing Marine Laboratories, January 9, 2004
- Meeting: CDFG Oiled Wildlife Response Plan, Yolo Wildlife Area, Davis, CA, May 3, 2004
- Training: NOAA B-WET Teacher Enhancement Workshop, Moss Landing Marine Laboratories, July 27, 2004.
- Training: Team Ocean, Monterey Bay Sanctuary, Monterey, CA, May 25, 2004
- News: “Unusual debris: glass fishing floats and whisky bottles”
- Meeting: CDFG-OSPR regarding oiled wildlife response plan, Moss Landing Marine Laboratories, December 29, 2003.
- Training: “Murre aging & sexing” with BeachWATCH program, 17 participants, Marine Wildlife Veterinary Care & Research Center, Santa Cruz, CA. November 15, 2003
- Training: refresher course 3 Cambria volunteers, Moss Landing Marine Laboratories, December 3, 2003
- Enrichment: 6th Anniversary Potluck, Moss Landing Marine Laboratories, August 14, 2003
- Training: Team Ocean, Monterey Bay Sanctuary, Monterey, CA, May 2003
- Award: June 8, 2002. Star of the Sea. Presented to the Beach COMBERS Volunteers at the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Volunteer Appreciation Event.
- Added 5 New Beaches: Sand Dollar, Big Sur; Castle Rock, Santa Cruz; 4-mile, Santa Cruz, spilt beach 11 (11N-Waddell/11S-Scott’s); Del Monte, Monterey is resumed
- May 2002: Completed training class for 22 new + 4 sanctuary volunteers.
- Outreach/Recruitment: 10th Anniversary Celebration Ocean’s Fair, Monterey
- Outreach/Recruitment: 10th Anniversary Celebration, San Simeon, CA Table (volunteers Phil & Carol Adams) Sept. 5, 2002.
- Outreach/Education: “Seabird Ecology” unit of Explorations in Marine Science – MLML & John Hopkins University, 44 students. November 2, 2002.
- May 2001: Added 6 new beaches to the program in the southern region of MBNMS. Two day training class for 17 new volunteers.
- Award: March 2000. MBNMS Citizen Award. Presented to Scott Benson at the MBNMS Sanctuary Currents Symposium by the Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments (AMBAG).
- Award: March 2000. Best Thematic Poster, MBNMS Sanctuary Currents Symposium. Presented to Scott Benson, Andrew De Vogelaere, and James Harvey
- News: “Beached creatures tell tales: counters keep grim but vital tally.” February 5, Californian, Salinas, California.
- News: “Combing the beach a learning experience.” February 1, Press Democrat, Santa Rosa, California.
- News: “Beach COMBERS record beaches’ dead.” February 1, The Bryan-College Station Eagle, Texas.
- News: “Walking a grisly patrol: BeachCOMBERS record beaches’ dead.” January 9, Monterey County Herald, Monterey, California.
- MBNMS Newsletter: “Beach COMBERS take to the sands!”
- Award: June 12, 1998. Volunteer Recognition Award at the National Ocean Conference in Monterey, California: Presented to Beach COMBERS.
BeachCOMBERS program begins